11. Moses was a shepherd of God's people Ps.77:20.
Jesus called Himself the "good shepherd" who came to lay down His life for the
12. Moses began his ministry in a supernatural way - A bush burned with fire,
but was not consumed, and God spoke from the midst of the bush Ex.3:2-4.
Jesus began His ministry in a supernatural way - A dove descended on Him and a
voice from Heaven said, "This is My beloved Son,in whom I am well pleased
13. God sent Moses to deliver His people because He knew their sorrows. Ex. 3:7
God sent Jesus to deliver His people because He knew their enslaved,
brokenhearted state Lk. 4:18.
14. Moses "came down" to deliver His people Ex.3:8 and to "bring them up to the
Jesus came down from heaven to deliver His people and to bring them up to
heaven one day Phil.2:7-8.
15. Moses was very humble, saying "Who am I?" Ex3:11. He was called "very meek"
in Num. 12:3.
Jesus was "meek and lowly" calling all to find rest for their souls in Him
16. Moses performed many public miracles following God's direction. Ex.4:4-9.
Jesus performed many public miracles following God's direction.
Jn. 5: 19-20.
17. The reason behind Moses' liberation ofthe Hebrews was for them to serve God.
The reason behind Jesus' liberation of mankind is for us to serve God
18. Moses delivered the children of Israel from Egyptian bondages through Blood
Ex.12:13,23. Lambs without blemish were slain. Their blood protected Hebrew
homes from death.
Jesus delivered all mankind from the bondage of sin through Blood - His
Blood,shed on the cross as The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the
world. Jn. 1:29,Heb. 9:11-15.
19. Moses instructed Israel to remember the Lord's deliverance Ex.12:25-27 via
a covenant meal (Passover).
Jesus instructed His disciples to remember His deliverance from the sin via
a covenant meal (Passover, the "Lord's Supper) Lk.22:14-20.
20. Moses gave the Israelites sweet, "living water" to drink Ex. 16:25.
Jesus promised living water to all who believe in Him Jn.7:38.